Frequently Asked Questions
From registration to bidding, consignment to customer service, here is where you’ll find answers to all our most commonly asked questions.
- Registration is easy. Set up your Stratas Auctions User Account here.
- To create your account, simply provide your name, email address, ZIP code and create a username of your choice.
- Once you’ve registered, you can search through Stratas Auctions listings and use your dashboard to save, track, and follow your favorite auctions.
- To become a Registered Bidder, either complete the bidder registration when creating your Stratas Auctions User Account, or if you’re already a registered user, sign in to your User Account and go to the Account Information tab on your dashboard. From there, click Bidder Credentials.
- Bidder Registration requires you to verify your identity by uploading a copy of your driver’s license, government-issued ID card, or passport (you can upload an attachment or use your device’s camera to capture an image). Bidder’s must also provide a credit card to keep on file, which will be charged a $50 Bidder Registration fee. Then, you’re ready to bid on any Live Auction!
- Everyone who arrives at the stratas.auction website can enjoy looking through all of our listings, but when it comes to joining the community, you have options:
- Create a User Account to save listings, view comments and questions from other users, view user profiles, and access Stratas news and events
- Become a Registered Bidder to place a bid, comment on a live auction, arrange a viewing for a vehicle on the platform, and communicate directly with consignors.
Stratas’ principles are founded on transparency and safety, and we take the security of the Stratas community very seriously. We ask for this information so we can verify account holders, ensuring that buyers and consignors are protected and remain confident in knowing that they are communicating with legitimate users on the platform.
The Buyer’s Premium is charged on a tiered structure:
- 5% of the Hammer Price (top bid) up to $5,000,000 USD
3% from $5,000,001 to $10,000,000 USD
1% beyond $10,000,001 USD
The minimum bidding increments are:
- $500 minimum increments to $100,000 USD
- $1,000 minimum increments from $100,001 to $1,000,000 USD
- $5,000 minimum increments after reaching the $1,000,000 USD threshold.
- Bidders can also create custom increments that exceed these figures.
Once your bid is placed, the credit card you have on file will be authorized in the amount of $2,500 per vehicle to secure your bid. The authorization will be released at the close of the auction if you are not the winning bidder.
As a registered bidder, simply enter a bid amount of your choice directly in the listing or create a bidding strategy through our absentee bidding feature. You can track any auction and bid history through your user dashboard and participate in the sale at any time.
If you want to create a custom bidding strategy or cannot be present for the completion of a Live Auction you’re interested in, you may set up an Absentee Bid so you don’t miss out on the sale. This allows you to set an opening bid of your choice, customize your bidding increments and set a maximum bid for the sale. Just input your desired bidding amounts and the platform will do the bidding for you, notifying you if you have been outbid.
We encourage bidders to set up an Absentee Bid in the event they will be traveling or in an area with unreliable internet or cell service. However, if you cannot access the site for any reason or prefer to communicate with Stratas Auctions direct over your bid, give us a call and a Client Services Representative can place or change a bid on your behalf (please note that you must be a registered bidder to participate in any auction and that you can only raise a bid, not lower one).
You can reach us at 310-749-0174, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
- As a Registered Bidder, you can communicate with the consignor directly through the platform by posting questions on the vehicle listing (in fact, we encourage it). If you would like to schedule a viewing, simply use the viewing button to schedule an appointment with the consignor.
- If you encounter any difficulty, you can reach us at email@example.com or call 310-749-0174, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
Yes. If a bid is placed within the last two minutes of an auction, an additional two minutes will be added to the sale to allow for all bids to be received.
Stratas Auctions is the collector car community’s trusted auction resource, committed to bringing together exciting vehicles spanning every era of automotive history.
Utilizing our vast network of collectors, brokers, restoration facilities, and dealers, Stratas Specialists search the world so that our users have access to vehicles they might otherwise never have the opportunity to acquire.
If you think your vehicle is a fit for our platform, we encourage you to submit a consignment form
All Live Auctions on the Stratas Auctions platform are seven (7) days in length, including weekends.
Excellent photography is key to generating interest and realizing the best results at auction. If you don’t have photos of your vehicle, Stratas Client Services will be pleased to arrange professional photography for $500 USD per listing.
An auction reserve is the minimum selling price of a given auction, agreed upon by both the seller and Stratas Auctions. Once we’ve collected all the applicable information about a consignment, we will work with the seller to establish a reserve price for their listing.
If your vehicle does not meet the reserve, Stratas has 20 days to sell your vehicle after the close of the auction. Your assigned Stratas Auctions Specialist will contact you first before reaching out to the highest bidder of your listing.
We welcome your call! You can reach us at 310-749-0174, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPTIONAL CONSIGNMENT SERVICES
Professional Photography Service$500
Seller’s Premium Packages
Want Stratas Auctions to handle your sale from start to finish? Send your vehicle to our showroom and we’ll connect you with the buyer when your auction is complete. We’ll handle everything in between, including:
- Professional photography service
- Bespoke marketing strategy
- Online Preview before Live Auction
- Arrange in-person Preview with prospective buyers
- Listing questions and comments management
- Coordinate transportation to the new owner
Inquire about the sale of your collector car or collection by emailing Stratas Auctions direct at email@example.com or by calling +1.310.749.0174Variable
5% of hammer price (Winning Bid)Up to $5,000,000 USD
3% of hammer price (Winning Bid)From $5,000,001 to $10,000,000 USD
1% of hammer price (Winning Bid)Beyond $10,000,001 USD
Currently uploading the selected images.
Please wait and do not reload the page.